Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Latest News

recent

Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TSI

I Must say, more than six months into its stint with TopCar, the Volkswagen Tiguan’s survival instincts are as strong as ever. Even after its recent trip to the panel shop admittedly for a gentle bumper bashing that sounded worse than it was the Tiguan’s safety credentials have never been in doubt, despite our best efforts to unnerve it.

Of course, offering comfort more in line with a soft marshmallow than a rigid ruler, the SUV remains unlikely to be the victim of a robot to robot thrashing, but I guard it religiously from wayward drivers anyway. It goes without saying that the Tiguan comes with ABS, ESP and the acronym works, plus a full complement of airbags for the front and rear passengers, this is, after all, the range topper that will set you back close to R500k. I'm especially grateful for the flat tyre indicator, the multifunction steering wheel (although I shan’t go into the entertainment options the SUV affords) and fatigue detection. The last mentioned has thankfully never been called in to action, but it is nice to know it’s there if needed. And call me silly, but I’m also rather partial to the daytime running lights incorporated with the facelift. The Tiguan rides quite high, which means I’m able to check out the reflection of the squared-off LEDs on other cars’ tailgates or boots, and it’s an image I quite enjoy. Safety with a twinkly pizzazz, if you like…


Inside the cabin, I’ve noticed an alarming degree of flex to the audio system’s glossy surround. Everything else has been withstanding the pressures of daily interaction rather well, though, so there are no fears (yet) of it falling apart.

The leather driver’s seat is still as firm as the day on which the Tiguan was delivered and, on a good, gym free day, there’s even a lingering whiff of new-car smell. But this does make the excess give in the surround a little unnerving… As a simple solution, I’m willing myself to stop touching the thing, which is sometimes a little hard to do when I’ve flipped through all the radio stations and my ancient, now mobile CD collection, and still haven’t reached the office.
Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0 TSI Reviewed by Unknown on 8:13 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered By AutoCar, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.