Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Latest News

recent

Toyota GT86

There’s no let-up in the pace with which the GT86 is accruing numbers on its odometer so much so that I haven’t written about the car’s interim service, which was due at 10,000 miles and took place soon after.

Not that there’s loads to tell. I called the nearest dealer to my house, Inchcape Toyota Oxford, on a Friday, and they had availability on the following Tuesday. They quoted me £169, which is the standard charge on Toyota’s fixed-price service plan, thus saving the need to phone around to see if anyone could do it more cheaply but less conveniently.


They said it would take an hour and a half and that I could wait if I liked. They had a coffee machine and some comfy seats, so I figured I might as well. as is the way with a lot of out-of-town trading estates, the ‘Oxford’ bit of the name means ‘about a two-hour walk from the city centre’, so there’s nowhere else to stroll to. I could have tried to get a courtesy car, but by the time I’d filled out the paperwork and driven it half an hour home, I’d have had to turn around and drive back again. aygos are okay, but I’m not that fussed about another go in one.

So that was that. Painless. They changed the oil, topped up the neartopped washer fluid, checked the other bits as is their wont and washed the car inside and out.

There were only two things worth querying. The front right tyre’s mysterious slow puncture (it’s losing 5psi a week) remains just that; they couldn’t spot anything wrong with it in a visual check. I’d have been happier if they’d managed to get to the root of it, but for now I’m topping it up at every refill, and I’ll worry about it again when I move it to the back axle. That shouldn’t take too long. Tread depth on the front tyres is fine, but the other query was that the rears were wearing more quickly as they should be. as I write, they’re at a 3mm tread depth. Which is quite gratifying.
Toyota GT86 Reviewed by Unknown on 6:35 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered By AutoCar, Designed by Sweetheme

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.